24-Hour Emergency Assistance
Emergency Help That Follows You Where You Go
Every TravelSafe plan comes with On Call International, emergency assistance available to help you no matter where you are, 24/7. Our multilingual team is trained to solve your situations quickly and efficiently.
If a medical emergency occurs, On Call International must be contacted:
- As soon as non-emergency hospitalization is recommended
- Within 48 hours of the first working day following an emergency admission
- When your physician recommends any surgery, including outpatient
- For emergency evacuation, repatriation, and assistance services
How We Help in a Medical Emergency
- Emergency Medical Transportation
- Pre-Certification (when applicable)
- Medical Bill Payment Guarantees
- Help Locating Medical Care
- Second Opinions
- Escorts for Unaccompanied Children
- Medical Record Translations
- And Much More
If you have purchased a plan that requires pre-certification, please review the requirements provided in your plan documents.
How We Help with a Travel Emergency
- Political Evacuations (when applicable)
- Natural Disaster Evacuations (when applicable)
- Lost Passport Recovery
- Embassy Contact Information
- Hotel & Flight Re-bookings
- Currency Rates
- Local Weather Details
- Inoculation Requirements
- Visa Requirements
- Interpreter Referrals
- And Much More
Need Emergency Assistance while on your trip?
Travel Assistance FAQs
What is Travel Assistance?
A: Travel Assistance includes many types of emergency and non-emergency medical and non-medical services. Specially trained multilingual representatives help travelers 24/7. The services they provide can range from something as simple as help finding a doctor to arranging a complex emergency medical evacuation. For medical emergencies, On Call International uses nurses and physicians to connect with the local medical team and help coordinate care.
When I am traveling, how do I find a medical provider?
A: Our Assist Department can answer questions about our provider networks. You can reach them in the USA at 1-866-509-7713 or collect (outside the USA) at 1-603-952-2047.
What happens if I pay my claim upfront and need to be reimbursed?
A: Your ID card contains information about filing a claim. You will be required to submit an itemized bill from the medical provider, proof of the payment you made to the provider (check copy, credit card statement, or receipt), along with a completed proof of loss form. As always, you can contact On Call International with any questions at 1-866-509-7713 or collect (outside the USA) at 1-603-952-2047.
How large is your international provider network?
A: We have a network of thousands of international health care providers — and the network is always growing. To learn more about the providers in our network, visit our Find a Doctor or Hospital page and look for the section labeled, Using the Health Plan Network Outside the United States.
How are emergency medical evacuations handled?
A: On Call International is our internal assistance team, and they coordinate evacuations, repatriations, and many other types of emergency transportation. They arrange these based on consultation with your local attending physician and our medical director.
If I am traveling abroad, why do I need access to an international provider network?
A: U.S. health coverage does not always cross international borders for traveling employees, employees who are living outside of the United States, or employees who are citizens of another country. Additionally, coverage does not provide options for quality health care providers outside of the United States. This issue is solved with our large non-U.S. provider network, which consists of quality doctors and hospitals throughout the world.
You state that you pay in foreign currency. Is that necessary?
A: Payment in foreign currency is required by most international health care providers. By paying our providers in their country’s currency, we can ensure a quicker and more reliable claims process for you.
How are foreign claims processed?
A: We translate claims and convert them to U.S. coding standards for reporting purposes. We pay the international provider in their currency.
- Airport Security Airport Security
- CDC Information on Immigrant and Refugee Health CDC Information on Immigrant and Refugee Health
- CDC Information on Quarantine CDC Information on Quarantine
- CDC Information on the Division of Global Migration and Quarantine CDC Information on the Division of Global Migration and Quarantine
- FAA Flight Delay Information FAA Flight Delay Information
- G4S Updates for Worldwide Threats & Hazards G4S Updates for Worldwide Threats & Hazards
- International Area Codes
- National Weather Service
- OANDA Currency Converter
- Schengen Fact Sheet
- United States Customs
- US Dept. of State Passport Information US Dept. of State Passport Information
- US Dept. of State Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) US Dept. of State Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)
- World Health Organization World Health Organization
- World Time Server World Time Server